Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What Is Life

What is life that I try to live

For it all on my own

And what is life that I sacrifice

All the things that I should hold


What is this breath except a gift that I

Think that I should own

And who am I to try to be in control

Of more then I could ever know


So what is life except to find what’s worth dying for

And what is this hand that holds me in ways that I just can’t ignore

Even in my mind I know there must be more then I can see

So what is there to live for besides me


What are these deeds that I call good

As if I deserve something more

Is this a lie that I tell myself

To make me think that I’m in control


I give up; I can’t go on this way

I need more to live for

So I give all I have and am to You

For more then I could ever know


I see this life and it is more then I could ever dream

Here I was with the answer staring right back at me

I choose to live not for me but for the one who set me free

I know now what to live for besides me

No comments: