Friday, April 26, 2013

When Are We Worshiping


This is something a wrote for my church this week but thought that it was a good reminder for all of us...
Each Sunday we gather for a time to worship together and to hear teaching. I love these days. I look forward to being in the room with hundreds of people that sing and lift their voices to God together to worship Him. These moments have brought tears to my eyes as I stepped away from the microphone to hear voices raised in passionate worship of our Savior.
 I was thinking about those times of worship and was reminded that they shouldnot begin and end on Sunday morning. In fact our time together should be flowing out of times of worship that is happening in our lives throughout the week.
It makes me ask myself, am I taking time to worship God outside of Sunday morning? Am I setting time aside to give Him praise and adoration in my week? Times that are about worshiping God for who God is, giving Him glory despite my needs, hurts, or struggles.
I know for many of us, when we come together on Sunday morning, it can be difficult to enter into our times of worship. We have had a long week. The pressures, struggles, and worries of our days fill our minds. But I can't help but wonder how much easier it would be and how much more joy we would find in our joint times of worship together, if we were all worshiping outside of our Sunday services as well. Sunday would then be a time of worship that is continually flowing out of our times of worship and praise with God during our week.
Here’s something to think about. Maybe put on some favorite worship music and just sit, sing, pray, read the Psalms and worship your Creator and Savior! Seek to set aside time for God during your week to just worship him, apart from asking him for things. Just loving Him for being God!

No comments: